Dietitian licensure resides with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Why is licensure so important?
- Licensure for dietitians protects the public from unqualified individuals dispensing inappropriate and inaccurate nutrition and health information
- The public deserves the assurance the nutrition professional advising and treating them has the proper education and experience
- Laws for dietetic licensure are not intended to monopolize business or restrict freedom of speech but rather protect the public’s health which Texas has recognized is necessary for other healthcare professionals including physicians and nurses
Please click here for information about how to apply for or renew your Texas dietetic license.
If you experience issues renewing a new license, please contact our licensure liaison at consumer_protection@eatrightTexas.org.
New to Texas? If you are relocating to Texas from another state, here are some tips to make your transition easier.
- Register to vote. For more information about voter registration in Texas, visit http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/index.shtml.
- Change your Academy state affiliate status. Login to the Academy web site eatright.org, click on “edit profile” under My Academy in the bottom left corner, and click “update contact info” to enter your new address information. Next, click “Academy member payments” at the top left, and change your affiliate status using the drop-down box. Changing your affiliate status is FREE, and no payment is required to submit the change.
- Apply for a Texas license and familiarize yourself with the Texas Licensure Laws. click hereto access TDLR’s Dietitian Licensing home page.
For more information about Dietitians, e-mail TDLR at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
PO Box 12057
Austin, TX 78711
(800) 803-9202 [in state only] (512) 463-6599
Fax: (512) 463-9468
Relay Texas-TDD: (800) 735-2989