Crispy Curried Chickpeas
Written By: Sarah Ryan, MS, RDN, LD
Yield: 7 Servings
Serving Size: ¼ cup
- 1, 15 oz can low sodium chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse, drain and pat dry the chickpeas. In a mixing bowl, mix chickpeas and olive oil until beans are evenly coated. Spread chickpeas into one, even layer across a large sheet pan.
- Combine salt, garam masala, cumin, cayenne and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the mixture onto the chickpeas, toss to coat, and roast for 50-60 minutes, turning the pan every 10-15 minutes until the all the chickpeas are crispy.
- While still hot from the oven, sprinkle remaining mixture and toss to coat.
The chickpeas will get crispy as they cool. Best eaten within one day. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in your pantry. Eat as a satisfying snack, toss in your favorite salad, or add to your favorite charcuterie board when you entertain.
- Use whatever spice mix you have on hand or make your own
- Simply toss with cinnamon sugar or salt and pepper.
220 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 10 g protein