Written By: Sarah Ryan, MS, RDN, LD
Yield: 4 Servings
Veggies don’t have to be boring! These crispy green beans are tossed in a tangy sauce that will have your family licking the bowl clean and asking for more.
- 1 ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces of fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed (defrosted frozen green beans would also work)
- 1 tablespoon orange-ginger stir fry sauce, like the La Choy brand
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water (omit if using frozen green beans)
- Red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and shallot to a large skillet. Pan fry the shallots until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add green beans, red pepper flakes, pepper and toss to coat. Sauté green beans for approximately 5 minutes.
- While green beans cook, whisk together orange-ginger stir fry, low sodium soy, and Worcestershire sauces in a small bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of water to green beans. Once water evaporates, drizzle sauce over green beans and toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low heat and sauté for 1 minute longer or until heated through.
- Spoon green beans into dish and sprinkle sesame seeds for garnish.
67 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 0 grams cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein