Protein Power Oatmeal
Written By: Sarah Ryan, MS, RDN, LD
Yield: 1 Serving
Eating 25-30 grams of protein at breakfast helps with weight maintenance, blood glucose control, and promotes lean muscle. Yet most Americans are falling short of protein at breakfast. Here’s a simple, protein-packed recipe that will fill you up and keep you satisfied all morning long.
- 1 cup high protein skim milk (like Mootopia or Fairlife)
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ pomegranate seeds
- Liberal dash of pumpkin spice
- Honey, sugar substitute or other sweetener of choice (optional)
- Continually stirring, heat milk over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Once milk comes to a boil, add oats, reduce heat to low, and continue stirring until mixture thickens, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in a liberal dash of pumpkin spice.
- Top oatmeal with almonds, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds. Add a splash of milk as needed.
458 calories, 22 g fat, 11 g monounsaturated fat, 125 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein