2021 Award Nomination Packets due Thursday, October 15 by 11:59pm to Region Awards Coordinator
The Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics awards are a great opportunity to recognize, reward, and showcase individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the dietetics profession, region, and the state association. See below for instructions for the award nomination and submission process.
1) Prior to nominating, review the eligibility requirements for each award and verify that your nominee meets the criteria. This information can be found in the award descriptions at the links below. The nominee’s region will be determined by the nominee’s residential address. Also note, a nominee is not eligible to receive the same award twice.
2) To nominate a colleague or yourself:
A. Inform the nominee directly (via email, etc.) of your nomination and the award for which they are qualified. The nominee has the choice to accept or decline the nomination and complete the packet. It is up to the discretion of the nominator to assist with the packet. Nominees may be requested to supply Curriculum Vitae or resume, and/or background information to assist the nominators in completing the nomination materials. Submit a completed packet to the appropriate Region Awards Coordinator.
- Nominate yourself by submitting a completed packet to the appropriate Region Awards Coordinator.
3) Compiling the packet:
• Application packet instructions and requirements for each award can be found within the descriptions at the links below and on eatrighttexas.org.
• Nominees are responsible for gathering all required documentation for a complete, typed packet by the deadline.
• Convert and compile into one, electronic PDF document. Name the file using the following format: Last Name_ First Name_Award name_ Region. Example: Doe_Jane_DistinguishedDietitianAward_Northeast.pdf.
4) Submitting the packet on or before Thursday, October 15th by 11:59pm:
• Submit on or before the due date of Thursday, October 15th by 11:59pm regardless of any other date written or seen in any other document.
• Submit the packet electronically to the nominee’s appropriate Region Awards Coordinator via email.
o Northeast Region: firstname.lastname@example.org
o North Region: email@example.com
o South Region: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Southeast Region: email@example.com
o West Region: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scoring of Nominations
Members of the Nominating/Awards Committee will score packets using a standardized rubric. The Texas Academy Awards Coordinator will not be involved in scoring packets, but will compile the results. Scoring criteria for each award category will be included in each of the following awards descriptions. Award nominees will be notified of results no later than March 1 via email. For further questions, please contact the Texas Academy Awards Coordinator Mindy Diller, MS, RDN, LD at email@example.com
Award Descriptions and Requirements:
Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Awards:
• 2021 TEXAS ACADEMY DISTINGUISHED DIETITIAN AWARD
• 2021 TEXAS DISTINGUISHED SCIENTIST AWARD
• 2021 TEXAS ACADEMY BLUEBONNET AWARD
• 2021 TEXAS ACADEMY MEDIA AWARD
• 2021 TEXAS ACADEMY OUTSTANDING NUTRITION EDUCATION AWARD
• 2021 TEXAS ACADEMY OUTSTANDING PRECEPTOR AWARD
*Texas Academy / Academy Affiliate Awards:
• 2021 RECOGNIZED YOUNG DIETITIAN OF THE YEAR
• 2021 RECOGNIZED DIETETIC TECHNICIAN OF THE YEAR
• 2021 EMERGING DIETETIC LEADER
• 2021 OUTSTANDING DIETETICS STUDENT AWARD
*These awards are part of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Affiliate awards. The winners of the Texas Academy awards will be submitted as candidates for the corresponding Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) awards following Academy deadlines. The Academy forms (available on the Texas Academy website and the Academy website) will be used for your submissions to Texas Academy in order to comply with the Academy’s specific guidelines. Make sure to follow all the Academy requirements for these awards. Note that on the Academy forms, the term “affiliate” refers to the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. All award nominations deadlines remain October 15th by 11:59pm regardless of the Academy deadlines.
Nominations for the Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award (ODEA) must be sent directly to the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) Group of the geographic area for review and selection. No nominations for the ODEA will be reviewed through the Texas Academy. For additional information, members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website.
If you have any questions about the awards process, please feel free to contact me.
Mindy Diller, MS, RDN, LD
Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Awards Coordinator